The 'King's Head' at Weald Gullet is a timber-framed building probably of the same period. Two ancient timber-framed cottages which formerly stood on the north side of the main road near the end of Church Lane were destroyed in a German air raid in 1941.
Until the 17th century the Epping-Chelmsford road was probably the most important in the parish.
Peter de Valognes' manor in North Weald was said to contain woodland sufficient for 1,500 swine, showing how wooded the area was.
The parish church, St Andrew's, which dates from the 14th century, is ½ mile east of Weald Hall.
Apart from the church the oldest existing building in the parish is probably Tylers.
A village hall was built in 1928, on the south side of the village.
North Weald is represented at Westminster by Alex Burghart, MP for Brentwood and Ongar.
This is a timber-framed and plastered house consisting of a central block with a gabled cross-wing at each end.
It may date from the 16th century but there is some evidence that the central block was an earlier open hall with a screens passage at its south-west end.
In 1953 the estimated population of North Weald was 3,200-an increase of almost 100 per cent. The iron mission church at Thornwood was replaced in 1923 by a brick church and in 1931 the Wesleyan church at Weald Gullet was rebuilt.
In 1939, however, the Wesleyan church at Thornwood was closed owing to lack of support.
The ancient manor houses were Weald Hall, near the centre of the parish, Canes, Marshalls and Paris Hall at Hastingwood.